What Can You Do to Help?
All EKU faculty and staff members are representatives of the institution, with an obligation to let someone know of student behaviors that are troubling or concerning.
If you believe a student poses an immediate threat to harm themselves or others, call 911 or EKU Police at 622-1111.
Examples of situations requiring immediate intervention by the EKU Police include:
- A student who indicates they have access to a weapon and theatens to use that weapon.
- A student attempting suicide.
- A student who makes statements or otherwise indicates an intention to harm themselves or others.
If you do not believe the student is an imminent threat, some examples of student behaviors that you can report to the SAIT are those behaviors that are:
- Very unusual
- Troubling or concerning to you or your students
- Disruptive to your classroom, office, residence hall, or other environment
- Causing you or others around you to feel uncomfortable or concerned
- Potentially threatening in any way.
"If you see something, say something" - New York Transportation Authority